“In the practice of yoga, one can emphasize the body, the mind or the self and hence the effort can never be fruitless.”
– T. Krishnamacharya
Do yoga whenever it suits you
Learn from world class teachers wherever you are
Unlimited access to all videos
Try one month for only €1
Hatha yoga refers to a practice that includes physical postures or ‘asanas’. Generally, hatha yoga poses are held for a few breaths each, to allow the individual to focus on correct alignment points, as well as the ‘feel’ or experience of the posture.
The hatha yoga postures are sequenced to create strength, flexibility, openness, and relaxation throughout the practice. A few of the hatha yoga benefits include physical strength and discipline, improved circulation and flexibility, steadiness of breathing, clarity of mind, stress-reduction, and relaxation.
The intensity of the practice can vary widely, but at The House of Yoga, we offer hatha yoga for beginners, as well as more experienced or developed practitioners.
What to expect
• A steady practice that does not follow any particular sequence. Each class is different.
• The difficulty of poses is given according to your selected level, from beginner to advanced.
• Careful attention is placed on your breath. Inhale and exhale slowly and steadily throughout your practice.
• Physically, you may or may not sweat, but you will build strength and flexibility—both internally and externally.
Suggestions from The House of Yoga
• Be patient with your body and practice.
• Always stay connected to your breath. Concentrate on a steady inhalation and exhalation throughout the physical postures.
• Be sure to modify your practice based on physical limitations or past injuries if needed. You can still benefit from yoga if you have an injury. In fact, yoga can help the body to heal.
• Enjoy. Be patient. Be curious. Breathe. And have fun.