“Simply let experience take place very freely, so that your open heart is suffused with the tenderness of true compassion.”
– Tsoknyi Rinpoche
Do yoga whenever it suits you
Learn from world class teachers wherever you are
Unlimited access to all videos
Try one month for only €1
Multiple scientific studies are showing the benefits of meditation, on the physical, emotional, and mental levels. To name a few—regular meditators have shown physical changes in the brain, improved functioning of the nervous system, enhanced creativity and mental process, improved relationships, and a greater state of well-being.
Meditation is an important part of yoga. There are many yoga meditation techniques that one can learn, and we offer a variety of choices at The House of Yoga. In fact, traditionally, the physical yoga practice (or asana) was a purification and preparation for meditation.
Meditation refers to a broad variety of practices where an individual trains the mind or induces a specific mode of consciousness. It is often used to clear the mind, and create internal relaxation and awareness. It includes techniques designed to promote relaxation, build internal energy, develop compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness. It usually involves an internal effort to self-regulate the mind in some way.
What to expect
• Nothing. When you meditate, try to let go of expectations. Otherwise, you will be focused on the expectations, rather than the meditation itself.
• We offer various styles of meditation by lead experts in the field, so no two videos or audio files will be the same.
Suggestions from The House of Yoga
• Meditation can be done anywhere. But, especially as you begin, it is easiest in a quiet and calm environment.
• Try and allocate specific time aside for your meditation practice.
• Be patient with yourself. It takes time to create new patterns in the mind.