“The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself in this lifetime. ”
– Sogyal Rinpoche
At The House of Yoga, we believe in yoga as a complete system. This is why we offer guided meditation for beginners, and more seasoned practitioners. When you begin meditation, it is good to explore various techniques and be guided by a teacher.
Our meditation videos are suitable for anyone, and are designed to introduce a variety of meditation techniques for beginners. Our guided meditations can improve sleep, reduce anxiety, and enhance your state of inner peace and relaxation. Multiple scientific studies are showing the benefits of meditation, on the physical, emotional, and mental levels. But it can be difficult to get started, or know where to begin. We have recruited authentic teachers to help educate, support, and enhance your practice.
An important part of yoga, meditation includes a broad variety of practices where an individual trains the mind or induces a specific mode of consciousness. It includes techniques designed to promote relaxation, build internal energy, develop compassion, love, patience, generosity and forgiveness. It usually involves an internal effort to self-regulate the mind in some way.
What to expect
• Nothing. When you meditate, try to let go of expectations. Otherwise, you will be focused on the expectations, rather than the meditation itself.
• We offer various styles of meditation by lead experts in the field, so no two videos or audio files will be the same.
Suggestions from The House of Yoga
• Meditation can be done anywhere. But, especially as you begin, it is easiest in a quiet and calm environment.
• Try and allocate specific time aside for your meditation practice.
• Be patient with yourself. It takes time to create new patterns in the mind.