“Do your practice and all is coming.”
– Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
Do yoga whenever it suits you
Learn from world class teachers wherever you are
Unlimited access to all videos
Try one month for only €1
Vinyasa Yoga is a dynamic, flow practice—connecting your movement with your breath very intentionally. The vinyasa flow is characterized by a vigorous and creative sequencing of poses. There is no particular vinyasa flow sequence, so each class is unique and different, depending on the level and teacher.
The vinyasa yoga poses are linked together—during this practice, you will smoothly transition from pose to pose, while building physical strength, endurance, and flexibility.
The House of Yoga offers vinyasa yoga for beginners, but also has multiple options for intermediate or advanced practitioners who want to deepen or develop their practice further.
What to expect
• A dynamic practice that does not follow any particular sequence. Each class is different.
• A physically rigorous practice, that emphasizes movement and flow.
• Careful attention is placed on your breath. Specifically, each movement will be linked with your inhalation or exhalation. Try to follow the instructions to gain the most out of the practice.
• Physically, your heart rate will increase, and your body will sweat. You will build strength, stamina, and flexibility over time.
Suggestions from The House of Yoga
• Be patient with your body and practice.
• Start slowly if you need to. Be sure to take breaks or rest if the practice is initially too demanding.
• It is good to familiarize yourself with the sun salutations and flow movement that is done between the poses to ensure correct alignment and breath sequencing.
• Listen carefully to the guidance of the breath. The defining characteristic of a vinyasa practice is consciously linking body movement and breath.
• Enjoy. Be patient. Be curious. Breathe. And have fun.