“Now is the time to practice yoga.”
Do yoga whenever it suits you
Learn from world class teachers wherever you are
Unlimited access to all videos
Try one month for only €1
Welcome. Yoga is for everyone. There are no pre-requisites, intellectually or physically, for beginning yoga.
At The House of Yoga, many of our guided practice videos are for beginners or individuals new to the practice. We encourage new students, with an open and curious mind, to start with our ‘yoga for beginners’ videos. This enables you to practice at home, on your own time, in your own space, but still have the advantage of a professional instructor, guiding you step by step.
Beginning yoga can be intimidating, but, typically, after your first class, all of that melts away into the realisation of what yoga can offer you—mentally, emotionally, and physically.
What to expect
• A slow-paced, steady practice. Sequences vary slightly but incorporate many of the same postures.
• Class intensity will vary according to the class style selected (see our information on Hatha, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, and Yin)
• Careful attention is placed on your breath to create steadiness, and to facilitate relaxation and revitalisation through the practice.
Suggestions from The House of Yoga
• Be patient with your body and practice.
• Slow down your breathing to help facilitate awareness and relaxation.
• Try to build steadily into the postures. If anything feels very challenging, just modify the practice until you are more familiar with the poses.
• Try various styles. You may realise that one style suits what you need in your life and one style may not.
• Enjoy. Be patient. Be curious. Breathe. And have fun.